Being away for a week has done nothing to accomplish my ever growing to-do list but we did get to enjoy a great babymoon where I did a lot of nothing.
Thankfully Mr. Limestone was able to knock out the nursery paint job before we left. Woo-hoo! Unlike my usual process of putting up a ton of testers and thinking it over for a dinosaur age, I had only tested out 2 shades of blue before committing to the Martha Stewart Wrought Iron in a Glidden Duo flat base. I was a wee bit nervous but it is the exact rich shade of blue I wanted (click here to see the nursery design). Here is a bit of an iphone photo teaser.
Above the blue is 12 inches of stark white and on the door and trim we have the same Benjamin Moore Bone White Ive used elsewhere in the house. Next up: Molding! (or I should say learning now to miter and then adding molding). Mitering tips welcome.
Here is how the rest of the nursery to-do list is going:
2. add picture rail and panel moldings, hang shelves Up next!
3. find a vintage dresser that fits the space and repaint it Nada so far
5. new curtains/roman shade/pillow Narrowed down fabric
6. paint 'bookshelves' on the panels
8. make art
9. make bookish mobile
10. find matching bedding Havent found much -might have to sew own sheets. Boo.
11. stock the room with baby essentials