The choices can be overwhelming but I find it helps if you let the personality of your kitchen (or the personality you want it to have) guide your choice. Without further a do, a few favorites for white kitchens ...
From top to bottom:
Stainless Steel Straight Pull from D. Lawless Hardware or MyKnobs
Square Crystal Knob from House of Antique Hardware or Hayneedle
Martha Stewart Channel Pull from Home Depot
Cut Green Glass Knob from D. Lawless Hardware or Restoration Hardware, or House of Antique Hardware
Window Sash Style from House of Antique Hardware or Restoration Hardware
Finger Pull Drawer Pull from Schoolhouse Electric or Lee Valley or Rejuvenation
So there you have it - the cliff notes of my time spent scouring for favorite kitchen hardware. Some other tips:
- As you can see, similar versions are often found at multiple stores so shopping around is worth it.
- Most stores run various online coupons on occasion so waiting for a good one can save a lot.
- Scale matters - measure carefully ahead of time or order some samples before going wild.
- If mixing knobs + pulls, its best to use a plain knob/pull to compliment a more elaborate partner.
- Mixed metals in the kitchen is beautiful (for example: stainless fridge, polished nickel hardware, brass pendants) but mixing metals in the small hardware doesn't work as easily.
I know I'm not the only one that has spent too much time shopping for hardware. What are you favorites? Any tips to add?