Hi there! I'm so happy to be here to share this easy project just in time for Valentine's Day. Valentine's Day is not a big holiday in our house - a nice dinner out and a box of chocolate is a perfect way to celebrate in my books. But I do use the occasion as a chance to tell the people I love just how I feel about them.
These love note envelopes are a simple and sweet way to get the message across. To make them, you need only five minutes of your time and a few supplies:
- paper and pen
- scrap fabric
- sewing machine or needle and thread
- Fold the paper in half and draw half a heart shape. Cut out the heart.
- Take a piece of fabric and fold the bottom side up until it is 3/4 the height of the heart.
- Fold the top of the fabric down so that it overlaps the bottom piece by 1/2". Place the heart on top of the fabric and put a straight pin through all the layers.
- Cut around the heart shape. Remove the paper and repin so that the three pieces of fabric (top, bottom, back) stay together.
- Using a sewing machine or needle and thread, sew all around the heart, about 1/4" from the edge. Fill the envelope with love notes or candy - or both!