In like a lion, out like a lamb. It's my mantra lately to remind me spring is around the corner. Come on, mother nature, we are all ready for you!
A little bleak end of winter pickup is some retail therapy. Here are my favorite things for March.
1. Simplicity Tunic - It's just a basic striped shirt but it's my new favorite staple. I've worn it when in winter with a turtleneck underneath or alone for warmer temps. I generally can't order anything from Modcloth because everything is very short waisted but this tunic is perfect.
2. Ipanema Sandal - Ok I realize this kind of footwear is probably not on the top of your list right now but keep them in mind for summer. I ordered them on a whim before our Dubai trip and wore them all week long. I rarely can find a shoe that doesn't require some breaking in period but these were great. Cheap, comfortable and durable - works equally well with capris, shorts or maxi dresses. I want them in every color!
3. Cauliflower - I live in Brooklyn so it's probably somehow breaking my contract not to love Kale. We just never got along but meet my new BFF - Cauliflower. It had a big popularity boost back when Atkins was all the rage and people swore to me it could be made into mashed potatos (Um, no!) Thankfully I gave it another try and I'm crazy for it. Simply cut, toss with a little olive oil and roast in the oven. It's goooood. Throw a few browned butter breadcrumbs on top and you've elevated it to a dinner party side.
4. Cheap Orchids - (I'm looking at you ikea!) Affordable, low maintenance, bloom for months and remind me of warmer months. Why do I always forget about you cheap orchids? You are my flower booty call that I take for granted. I can never seem to get them to re-bloom once they wither but for $10, I'll take 3 months of pretty flowers happily.
5. Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day Geranium- No newsflash here, everyone loves this stuff. I just resisted and clung to my bottle of windex (yes, I windex everything!) for far too long. I just love the geranium scent. I'm addicted.
Anything new favorites in your life? Please share!