You might think from my insanely late response to this that I don't care about getting blog awards. Well, you'd be wrong! I love them and it makes me smile to think even one person would put me on their list no less more than one. So first off thank you to Journey Chic, Lisa Porter, 3 Duncan Boys, Small and Chic in Cville for including me.
In case you're wondering what the honest scrap award means, I googled it for you. "This award is bestowed upon a fellow blogger whose blog content or design is, in the giver’s opinion, brilliant. This award is about bloggers who post from their heart, who oftentimes put their heart on display as they write from the depths of their soul." Wow, now Im even more flattered than I was a minute ago! Thanks ladies.
The rules are: I must brag about the award (check), link back to those who gave it to me (check), share 10 honest things about me and give the award to 7 more bloggers. So here comes the tough part.
I feel like you already know everything there is to know about me. I already spilled the beans in series I did earlier this year. ( If you missed it you can read it here: About Us, More About Us, Even More ) So I really have nothing very worth to reveal but I'll give it a go anyway.
1. I very much miss corny 80's sitcoms like Family Ties and the Facts of Life. How will this generation ever learn life's most important lessons without them being driven home by overly simplistic plot lines, sentimental music and bad acting?
2. Hands down, my favorite season is autumn.
3. As of today, I have 6,958 photos in my Flickr account!
4. I find chickens freaky looking.
5. The Twilight movie has ruined the Twilight books for me. (So sad because I loved those books so much but now all I think about is skinny teenagers when I see the novels.)
6. I've grown to really appreciate tweeting. Feel free to add me to your follow list now.
7. My favorite scene of a movie - it makes me cry everytime - is the opening of Love Actually. No actors, just real people in the international arrivals area of Heathrow. Click here to watch it. (Don't forget the tissues)
8. Pretty sure I will never have "enough" crafting supplies.
9. It drives me a little bit crazy when people buy generic Hallmark greeting cards and then don't write anything but their name inside them. The card is the package - put something sweet inside.
10. I truly believe that if you put your heart into something, someone will appreciate it. Not everyone but its enough.
And speaking of someone appreciating, here are the 7 blogs I'm nominating. The one benefit of being late is that so many of the blogs I love have already been nominated so I don't feel bad for picking just 7. Because really, this list could easily be 70 without trying hard at all.
My Favorite & My Best
Great Full Day
Ish & Chi
Have a few hours to kill? Visit these lovely blogs (along with the rest of my must read list at the right there --->) and enjoy.